One of my all time favourites in leather earrings has always been the rose leaf earrings. Last weekend again I had the printing workshop on. Here's how they are done and how they look when ready.
You'll need: Leather, scissors, rose leaf, printing colour, baking paper, iron, small painting brush, earring hooks, jump rings and a thick needle.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Pick rose leaves when you have them or buy a rose from a flower shop.
- Dry the leaves flat between a fat book. (Takes only about 24-48 hours.)
- Buy a soft and thin leather jacket from a second hand shop or flea market.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Glue leather two sided to get a more stiff look.
- Paint the back side of the rose with printing paint.
- Press the leaf lightly on the leather.
- Let the printed leaves dry.
- Attach the printing colour by ironing through the baking paper.
- Cut to shape and make the hole for the jump rings with the needle.
- Finish with jump rings and earrings hooks.
- AND THERE YOU GO! Click here to see the ready earrings ››